Ski equipment, golf bags, surfboards, windsurfing equipment and other bulky items may be transported as registered baggage upon payment of supplementary charges for excess baggage, as listed in the table below.
Surfing and windsurfing equipment
- For flights operated by small aircraft with limited baggage hold capacity, surfing and windsurfing equipment cannot be accepted.
- For flights operated by slightly larger aircraft within the small aircraft category, such as the Embraer ER4, only surfing equipment may be accepted (surfboards must not exceed 250cm in length; masts and sails will not be accepted)
- Considering the varying dimensions of different sports equipment and depending on the type of aircraft, the reservation/check-in of equipment will have to be approved by the Cargo department. Therefore we advise all passengers travelling with sports equipment to contact the call centre to arrange the booking and check-in procedure.
- Declare the item at the time of booking, and in the event of connecting flights with other carriers you must obtain the permission of the other carrier involved or carriage of the equipment will be restricted to the Alitalia flight leg only
- Arrive at the check-in desk at least one hour prior to flight departure
- Pack the equipment in its cases or in such a way that protects the items during loading and unloading
The following items are included in the baggage allowance, with a maximum of 20 Kgs. per item ( as of 15/03/10, Ulisse, Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus Clubs members have always free transport of these sport equipment baggages on Alitalia flights):
|Ski, Snowboards, Water ski||€ 20||€ 20||€ 30||€ 40||€ 75|
|Golf/polo bags||€ 20||€ 20||€ 30||€ 40||€ 75|
|Scuba diving equipment||€ 20||€ 20||€ 30||€ 40||€ 75|
|Fishing equipment||€ 20||€ 20||€ 30||€ 40||€ 75|
Equipment not included in the allowance
The following equipments are neve included in the baggage allowance ( as of 15/03/10, Ulisse, Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus Clubs members have free transport of bicycles and surfboards no taller than 250 cm on Alitalia flights)
|Weapons and ammunitions (max. 20 Kg)||€ 20||€ 20||€ 30||€ 40||€ 75|
|Bicycles (max. 20 kg)||€ 20||€ 40||€ 80||€ 100||€ 150|
|All surfboards categories no taller then 250 cm (max. 30 kg)||€ 50||€ 50||€ 80||€ 100||€ 150|
|Winsurf (including sail and mast) all surfboard taller than 250 cm (max. 35 kg)||€ 60||€ 80||€ 120||€ 150||€ 150|
* Fixed rate.
Note: if exceeding the allowance a standard excess baggage rate will be applied
AREA2: Europe, Eastern Europe, North Africa
AREA3: Middle East
AREA4: Asia and South America (Buenos Aires, Caracas)
AREA5: North America, Canada, South America (Sao Paulo), Africa (Lagos, Accra)
For more details on this service, contact your nearest Alitalia Office.